Each artist will set off with a small Japanese (accordian) folded Moleskine. After creating a drawing, collage, or painting on a spread of approx. 3 pages they will send the book on to the next artist (the order is listed in the sidebar). In order to encourage more interaction, each book will make 2 rounds before it is filled. When the next artist receives the book, they will scan the previous artist's work and post it on the blog for everyone to see. When the book is filled, it will be returned to the owner with images created by artists around the world. Each artist has approx. 3 weeks to make an entry. The outcome will be a pleasant and surprising adventure, as artists interact and merge their art with others.
The majority of artists in this group have selected to go theme-less, if you decide that you want a theme for your moleskine, please be sure to put your theme on your sign-in page so that others will know.
1. Each artist starts with a Japanese fold Moleskine - Name, address, email address written inside book.
2. Each artist gets 3 weeks to make a sketchbook entry, and mail it to the next person. The order is listed to the right.
3. Each artist will do approx. 3 pages each round. Each book will make 2 rounds.
4. Artists are encouraged to interact with other images in the book. Please be respectful.
5. When the book is full (when one side of the unfolded book is filled) the book will be sent back to its original owner. That artist may continue by buying a new book and sending it to the next person.
6. If a person decides not to continue, he/she will simply keep her book when it comes back to him/her. She should email all of the participants to say she is not going to continue. The group will then decide if they want to find a new person.
7. Please communicate regularly via email. Let each person know that you have received/sent the book. The goal is to have a dialogue. Any comments and questions are welcome.